Excellence in Diversity Award
Thank you to our Award Advisory Committee!
YMCA of Greater Hartford (GHYMCA) - Excellence in Diversity: “Employer of the Year” Award for its efforts to Champion Diversity and promote Inclusive Excellence.
The HRACC Excellence in Diversity Award will recognize achievements by a member employer who has demonstrated, through positive interactions with others, a respect and value for differing backgrounds and points of view within their organization or community.
The Excellence in Diversity Award will be given annually to a member-employer who has actively and positively promoted the concept of diversity by enhancing or contributing to their overall business environment or community through improving cross-cultural understanding, championing diversity, and promoting inclusion.
(Download the Award Informational Flyer by clicking here)
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The recipient(s) will have demonstrated a high regard for diversity by exhibiting one or more of the following:
• Spirit of Diversity – A commitment to the spirit of diversity. The organization shows a commitment to diversity in all facets of the business. For example, diversity and inclusion is championed and accepted throughout the company by reputation and on-going actions.
• Leadership / Mission – Leadership buy-in is evident in messaging and/or vision. Promotes positive interaction between persons of different backgrounds. For example, an organization's mission statement or core values include diversity and inclusion language.
• Values – Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Behavior which illustrates commitment to inclusion of persons within the company who are members of traditionally under-represented groups.
• Infrastructure – Policies and procedures are in place to promote diversity and inclusion. For example, a business has a diversity office, committee, or task-force. Hiring practices and targeted recruitment are implemented and promote diversity and inclusion within the organization.
• Innovative Strategies to Promote Diversity – The organization has developed innovative methods for promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Organized, conducted, and/or supported groups, events and activities that promote cross-cultural understanding, respect, and inclusion of diverse individuals and groups. For example: monthly celebrations that honor different cultures/traditions in newsletters, public spaces, or meetings.
All active HRACC members are eligible for this nomination.
Nominations will be accepted from HRACC members. Nomination forms may be submitted online. Award recipients will be selected by a committee designated by the HRACC Director of Diversity & Inclusion.
(Nominations will be accepted through 11:59 PM EDT on Monday, May 28, 2018)
Click HERE to Nominate an Employer